GLOBUS 2018: The Sicilian (LP)
10 days from Palermo to Taormina Riviera
Call (844) 386-5093 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596091
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Palermo||Welcome to Palermo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Palermo||Guided sightseeing features the ornate Piazza Bellini, Capo Market, the baroque Church of Immacolata, and a visit to the CATHEDRAL. In Monreale, enjoy a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro and a visit to the 12th-century NORMAN CATHEDRAL, famous for its 50,000 square feet of precious byzantine mosaics. [LF] A lunch with Sicilian specialties like panelle (chickpea fritters), arancini (stuffed rice balls), and cannoli (fried pastry rolls with sweet ricotta cheese) awaits at the Antica Focacceria San Francesco restaurant. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Marsala||Drive to Erice and follow your Tour Director for an orientation of this hilltop town, ending at the well-known Pasticceria Maria Grammatico to try out the traditional almond biscuits and Marsala wine. Visit a typical SALT MILL. Then, the highlight of the day: [LF] a BOAT CRUISE to the island of Motya for a perfect view of the lagoon and visit to the MUSEUM. Later, in Marsala, dinner with local specialties and couscous is served. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Agrigento||In Sciacca, take pictures from the panoramic viewpoint before continuing to Agrigento. Here, your Local Guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent VALLEY OF THE TEMPLES. Even travelers who have visited Athens and Delphi are awed by the gigantic yet graceful Greek structures that miraculously survived 24 centuries of tormented history. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Ragusa||Drive to Piazza Armerina for your guided visit of the VILLA ROMANA DEL CASALE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the largest and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world, including the famous 'Bikini Girls,' discovered in 1960. Before arriving in Ragusa, stop in Caltagirone to discover the imposing STAIRCASE OF SANTA MARIA DEL MONTE, covered with different tiles in a beautiful pattern. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Ragusa||Guided sightseeing features a walk through Ragusa's oldest district, the IBLA, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its beautiful palaces and churches. Walk through the Giardini Iblei, the pleasant public gardens laid out in the 19th century and then, visit the iconic baroque ST. GEORGE CATHEDRAL. Time on your own to further explore or maybe relax at an outdoor cafe! In the late afternoon, travel to nearby Modica with its steeply stacked medieval center and spectacular baroque churches. Wander along Corso Umberto I and stop at the famous Dolceria Bonajuto, Sicily's oldest chocolate factory, for a TASTING. End the day with a special dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Syracuse||Arrive in the baroque town of Noto, renowned for its beautiful historic center that was almost entirely rebuilt in the early 18th century following the 1693 earthquake. Meet your Local Guide for a walk along Corso Vittorio Emanuele to admire the magnificent architecture, and visit SAN NICOLO CATHEDRAL. Continue to Syracuse, birthplace of the mathematician Archimedes. Enter the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE for a guided visit of the 5th century BC sparkling-white Greek Theater, the Garden of Paradise, the Ear of Dionysus, the Altar of Hieron II, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmakers' Cave. Tonight, join an optional dinner in the enchanting Ortigia district. (B)|
|Day 8||Taormina Riviera||In Catania, see St. Agata Cathedral and spend some time on Piazza del Duomo and Via Etnea. On to the traditional village of Savoca. See the Church of Santa Lucia, made famous as a location for Michael Corleone's wedding in the movie The Godfather. [LF] Enjoy a granita and brioche at Bar Vitelli. Later, arrive at your hotel on the Taormina Riviera. (B)|
|Day 9||Taormina Riviera||In the morning, an exciting optional excursion is available to Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe. Later, in hilltop Taormina, visit the ancient GREEK THEATER, dating back to the 3rd century BC, and in the evening, a farewell dinner awaits at restaurant Villa Antonio, an excellent way to say arrivederci, Sicilia! (B,D)|
|Day 10||Taormina Riviera||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Catania). (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $448Triple room reduction per person: $46Extra nights per person in Palermo:in single room $155-$166, in twin $93-$101, in triple $73-$85Extra nights per person in Taormina Riviera:in single room $145-$188, in twin $87-$121, in triple $77-$109
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).